Searching the library's catalog for children's books
On the library's home page, enter your topic in the library search box and choose Catalog instead of Everything.
Once you select Search and your results appear, look on the left for Location. Click on Show More, and then choose one or more of the following:
- WCU Juvenile Fiction Collection
- WCU Juvenile Nonfiction Collection
- WCU Juvenile Picture Book Collection
Lists of award winning books.
Locating Books in the Children's Room
The books in the Children's Room are arranged into five categories; picture books, juvenile fiction, juvenile non-fiction (true books), Board Books, and reference books. Everything, except the reference books, can be borrowed for 14 days and may be renewed for an additional 14 days. The reference books are for use in the library and cannot be borrowed.
- Picture books have the designation jP and are on the shelves in alphabetical order by the author's last name. They are located nearest to the windows.
- Juvenile fiction (grades 3-6) have the designation J (look for the Fiction Books sign) in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
- Juvenile Non-fiction books are arranged on the shelves near the door closest to the hallway. They are arranged in in call number order according to the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Board Books are located the tall bookcase on the wall with windows.
- Juvenile Reference books are on the left side of the room as you enter from the hallway.
Getting books WCU does not own
Finding Books about a topic, grade level, age level or reading level
How to request WCU buy a book
Looking for a book we don't own? Think it should be here? Send me an email Trish Lenkowski and I will get back to you.