Skip to Main Content
Penske Research: Resources Overview
This research guide will help you prepare for the Penske Truck Rental services' Supply Chain Management (SCM) Case Competition.
It included resources and research strategies for analyzing the truck rental industry, consumers, and market, identifying potential agents, and finding their locations.
This guide highlighted the following resources:
- Truck Rental Industry and Competitor Analysis
- Personal Rental: Consumer and Market Analysis
- Google Search: house Mover or home mover demographics, moving industry statistics, industry trends, etc.
- U.S. internal/domestic migration patterns analysis
- Psychographic segmentation analysis
- Consumer and Market Research Report
- GIS Mapping Tools
- Census Community Profile
- Directory Database with GIS map enhanced features
- Commercial Rental: Consumer and Market Analysis
- Identify the industries that heavily rely on logistics and truck rental
- Mapping these industries with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Identify the businesses in the industry (potential customers), their locations, and create a heatmap to see where they are.
- Ideal Agent and Location Analysis
- Conduct Reference Solution Heatmap and Zipcode Tally analysis
- Use Reference Solutions to search for potential agents
- Study the agent locations of competitors
- Use ArcGIS, Google Map, and Reference Solutions to understand where the competitors are.
- Career Connections