Finding Credible Web Sources
Tips for Finding and Evaluating Web Sources:
- Is there an author and contact information? Is there an "about us" page?
- Is there a publication or copyright date? Is it current?
- Are there lots of advertisements?
- Is the content biased?
- Do links work?
- What is the purpose of the website?
- Credible domains to look for: .ORG, .EDU, .GOV
Ideas for Possible Credible Web Sources
- Agency websites
- Government sites with background information and data
- Reputable blogs of public officials
- Political action committee or group sites