Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Videos in the library
The library has a large VHS/DVD collection which includes filmed dance productions, musicals, and films with dance as a theme. The collection is housed in the Instructional Media Center on the first floor of the library. Musicals may also be found in the Presser Music Library.
Use the library catalog to see if the library owns a video of a dance performance or musical. There is more than one way to search.
Search by title or artist or composer or choreographer.
- The side of the results list has many ways to narrow a search.
- Under "Source type," click on Audiovisual or, if you don't see it listed, click on More
- Under "Show only," chose Available in library
- If there are many DVDS/VHS tapes available, then scroll down to "Location" and chose the appropriate location (e.g., IMC DVD Collection)
- If you are interested in viewing a video online, following the first step above and then under "Show only," chose Full text online. That phrase is used for anything online (e.g., articles, books, videos, music, scores). You may need to use the video icon to distinguish videos from sound recordings, which could also turn up in this search.
Dance in Video contains dozens of performances in many dance genres, as well as dozens of documentaries on dancing. Use your WCU username and password to log in from off campus. Films on Demand also contains videos on dance. Naxos Video Library contains many filmed ballets. There are a few ballet productions (with more likely to come) in Digital Theatre Plus.
Below are a few examples of what is available.
Local college/university dance productions/musicals and other area productions