Searching the library's catalog for children's books
From the home page click on the link to PILOT Library Catalog, Under "Set Single Limit" select Juvenile from the drop down menu. If you want to search by topic select keyword from the "Search By" selections.
Lists of award winning books.
Locating Books in the Children's Room
The books in the Children's Room are arranged into five categories; picture books, juvenile fiction, juvenile non-fiction (true books), Board Books, and reference books. Everything, except the reference books, can be borrowed for 14 days and may be renewed for an additional 14 days. The reference books are for use in the library and cannot be borrowed.
- Picture books have the designation jP and are on the shelves with green labels in alphabetical order by the author's last name. They are located nearest to the windows.
- Juvenile fiction (grades 3-6) are on the shelves with orange labels in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
- Juvenile Non-fiction books are arranged on the shelves with blue labels according to the Dewey Decimal Classification System. They are located closest to the door from the hallway.
- Board Books are located in a small blue bookcase with the yellow label on the wall with windows.
- Juvenile Reference books are on the left side of the room as you enter from the hallway.
Getting books WCU does not own
- Try a local library - Chester County Library or your local public library.
- InterLibrary Loan - request books through PALCI (also known as EZ-Borrow)
How to request WCU buy a book
Looking for a book we don't own? Think it should be here? Send me an email Trish Lenkowski and I will get back to you.