Cite While You Write
To insert references and format citations and bibliographies while you write, use the EndNote plug-in. It will also allow you to save online references to your library in IE for Windows.
- In EndNote Web, click on "Downloads"
- Read the Installation Instructions and System Requirements
- Click on the best download option for your system requirements and follow the installation instructions.
- Now open Microsoft Word and click on EndNote in the menu
- Select a citation style from the "Style" menu
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the note
- Click "Insert Citation"
- When the EndNote box opens, search for either the author's last name or words from the title
- Then click on the correct source
- EndNote will insert both a citation and bibliographic reference at the end of the document