Need Help? Contact a Librarian
||Chat with us!
Searching for Articles Using Keywords
Finding Empirical Articles
Contains peer-reviewed articles, ebooks, and other articles on a wide variety of education topics.
- The Thesaurus contains additional useful informaiton. If you click on the term your search returns, like oral reading, you will find the scope note which defines exactly what kind of articles the term will return. There may also be a list of broader terms, narrow terms, and related terms that can help you find relevant articles.
- If full text isn't available in this database, click on Find It/Check Availability to see if we have it another database.
- On the new page that appears, click the link next to where it says Full text available at and the full text should open.
- Need information on how to log in from off campus? Here's how to log in.
Requesting an Article that WCU Doesn't Have
If you click on Check Availability and WCU doesn't have it, you can request the article by:
- Logging in, if you haven't already done so.
- Clicking on the ILLiad for Articles link
- Logging in to your ILLiad account (directions on setting it up as a distance student).
- A page with the articles information now appears. Verify the information is correct, and then click on Submit.
- When the article arrives, you'll receive an email. It usually takes 2-3 business days.
APA Style Guides
APA Formatting and Style Guide
Covers all aspects of APA formatting (7th ed.), including the paper itself and references. From The Online Writing Lab (The OWL) at Purdue University.
Covers all aspects of creating a paper using APA formatting, citations, and reference list. Also provides help with grammar and punctuation. From the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Frequently Asked Questions About APA Style
Use this list of common questions about references, punctuation, grammar, and style to get official answers directly from the American Psychological Association itself. For help with specific citation examples, use one of the other sites.
Citing ERIC Documents
How do you cite an ERIC document? This brief page from Indiana Wesleyan University shows how to cite it in APA format.