Skip to main content
Hints for finding what you need for your assignment
For your assignment you will need:
- A Scholarly Reference Work -- see the tab "Secondary Sources"
- 3 Book(s), Book Chapter(s), Print Article(s) -- see the tab "Secondary Sources" and use the Library search box
- 2 scholarly journal articles -- see the tab "Secondary Sources" and use the box "Finding Articles"
- A Scholarly Website -- before 'Googling' check out the "Primary Resources" tab
- Use Google's Advanced Search to limit to .edu, .gov, or .org sites
...Do not limit yourself to only these 7 required materials.
Forget where to start?
Stuck? Forget where to start? Below are a few quick links to get you started down the right path.
Primary and Secondary Source: What is the Difference?
Primary and Secondary Source
Description of the difference between primary and secondary sources. Provides links to examples of primary sources and a description of secondary sources. [from: University of California--Irvine]
Evaluating Resources: Web Sites
Hints on evaluating web sites and the difference between scholarly publications and others [Created by Kerry Walton]